Saturday, January 08, 2005

The One with the Noisy Neighbors

It's official: I hate our new neighbors.

I got along with our previous neighbors for one reason: they were quiet. My room is adjacent to our neighbor's backyard, so all the noises they make can be heard clearly from my room (too clearly, in fact. I can sometimes hear their conversations, accidental or otherwise). It helps that the amo was a flight stewardess (a cute one at that), so oftentimes it's only the maid who's left to tend to the house alone. Everything was how nature intended it to be: me and my noise on one side of the fence, and the silent neighbors on the other side. Alas, it was not meant to be, as the cute stewardess moved out about roughly one month ago (I hope she didn't get married to her boyfriend, I can see a future for us).

Enter our new neighbors. Bisaya maid screaming at the top of her lungs early in the morning, kids wailing and bawling, car alarms going off in the middle of the freakin' night, and adults with loud and boisterous laughters (and when I mean loud, I mean really LOUD! It's as if they're laughing through a damn megaphone). This was especially true last night, when they hosted a birthday party with all their equally LOUD and BOISTEROUS friends. Tangina, it was maddening I tell you, and I'm not effing exaggerating. With the ruckus they were creating, you'd think they owned the whole damned village. Ang babastos ng mga hinayupak. They partied until the wee hours of the morning, leaving only when I angrily slammed the window of my room shut. Buti naman they took the hint, I would've hated to give them a piece of my mind.

Some people can be so insensitive, it's irritating. Perhaps I should offer them a freshly baked batch of...



* * * *

It's my sister's birthday today, she's 17. She'll be spending the day with her friends in Tagaytay, and she needed my car. Poor me, I'll be commuting to work for the next three days. The bright side is I get to stay at the Heritage Hotel. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home