Friday, January 07, 2005

The One Where It Began

Okay, so I finally relent to the clamor of the masses. I've long wanted to create a blog of my own, but I never really got to creating one. Laging inaatake ng katamaran. I'm not the type who does New Year's resolutions, but if ever I had one, it's to create a blog. So here I am, stepping into the world of blogging.

* * * * *

First thing that had to be settled is the blog template. Goodness, I never knew that choosing one will be the most difficult task. It's true what they say about the first step being the hardest one to take. The templates that Blogger uses were really generic, ayoko namang pareho-pareho ng layout like everybody else. I had literally gone through dozens and dozens of blog templates, trying out different layouts, going back and forth through several ones. Alas, I settled with this black one. Simple, but it has an elegant feel to it.

The next step is making the template my own. Yes, I'm a computer science graduate, but my knowledge of programming will put Blaise Pascal to shame. I tried tinkering with the HTML thingamajigs of the template to at least incorporate something that's me to the template, but all I did was screw up the lines, the fonts, the borders, and whatnot. Lo and behold, the only parts that I was able to edit were "Previous Posts" and "Archives", which I was masterfully able to change to their current conditions. How lame. I'm gonna get me some of those tagboards, counters, probably add some links as well. Bukas na. My head is spinning with all the HTML codes I tried to get familiarized with. I'm the worst computer science graduate in the world...ever.



* * * * *

I know, you're dying to ask why I named my blog "Unequal Prize". C'mon, is it really not obvious? Do you really know who I am? Darned, you are slow. Unequal Prize. Still don't get it? Too bad, I won't tell.

So here's my blog. Now bugger off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home